Thanks Sarah, for allowing me to guest post today!
Hi my name is Cynthia, and I promised Sarah I was going to keep this short and sweet, that's a hard thing to do when you're a rambler! So if anyone wants my WHOLE journey in full please feel free to log on to my lil ole blog @ missydallas to catch the LONG version!
I'm a 27 year old mommy of one sweet boy, and a wife to a pretty darn cool guy that I've been married to for almost 7 years!! I went from a big momma 290 pounds(during my pregnancy), but 245-250 original starting weight, down to 177 today...and a size 22 to 8 in about 2 years!
When I was 22, and we started to try for a family and were very unsuccessful and suffered several miscarriages, I started to finally see that my weight was a problem and a set back for my life, so after finally having a successful pregnancy with our son, I knew I wanted to change my life, for GOOD! One night I was sitting up,
with my non sleeping infant and
came across an infomercial of Turbofire, and the music in the
background had me bobbing my head, and also it was also something about
Chalene's energy that vibrated thru the tv.. at that point in my life I
wanted to try something that I would enjoy and not something that I was
going to put down and go right back to my old self. So I called
Beachbody and ordered the program, and my life changed from there!!!!!
20 weeks of the program, and learning to eat better, I had began to shed weight like crazy! I lost a whooping 30 lbs and never looked back! It was something about buying TF and seeing the results, that I just kept wanting more and more programs, just to see how far I could push myself to see what my body and mind were made of! I began to incorporate lean meats, whole grains, and 2 to 3 snacks and 3 meals in my life a day, which I never did before...I stopped craving bad unhealthy not good for me foods on my way home from work, because I quit depriving my body all day thinking that I was doing a good thing by skipping meals. I began to eat more, but more HEALTHY!
Then I heard about Insanity and I fell in love!!! I lost 17 pounds and kept going..
yes Insanity killed me..but the results in such a short time was worth the beating!!! At this point in my life I've tried several beachbody programs from Turbofire, insanity, hip hop abs, asylum vol 1, and now I'm in the final week of Focus T25 by Shaun T the creator of Insanity..
Losing weight not only changed my pants, and inches, it changed me as a whole person from the inside out..I'm able to live a longer healthier life with my son and husband. I can see my feet! lol But I love how all these programs have allowed me to push myself beyond what I thought I was only able to do, I have the best support system in my friends and family, my own 'cheerleading' section! Life is good, and I'm here and living it! And taking in change one day at a time!
1. Plan ahead and prepare your meals...if you do so and already have your mind on what you are going to eat that day, you are more likely to stick to it!
2. Keep healthy snacks in reach and at eye level, if you have to dig or think too much, you just might lean for those Doritos.
3. Bright colorful fruits and veggies, look way better then that dull burger, and you can eat more of them and get your calories worth!
4. Be a protein junky....We need it in our lives, especially if you are working out and trying to lean and tone those muscles.
5. Write everything down that you eat...seeing is believing..I use myfitness pal and you can find me @ Cynthiajohnson10 and I can be there to help you!
6. Heart rate monitors are great for keeping you on track..I know mine makes me push myself more!
I hope you all have a great day,
and thanks again Sarah for letting me take sometime on your blog to share my story, you're amazing!