Baby is about 5.5 lbs. and between 19-20 inches long. My Braxton Hick's contractions have begun and man they hurt. They feel like really intense menstrual cramps. I really hope they don't this strong for the next 5-6 weeks. We had a checkup today and everything looked good. My blood pressure was a tad elevated but she didn't seem too concerned. She said it tends to creep up a little toward the end. I have a cuff at home so I will continue to monitor it.
I am still feeling pretty good considering I am extremely pregnant. The insomnia has been helped by Unisom. My heartburn is getting out of control though. Even the Zantac doesn't seem to be helping much. I am still working out, just not as often. Here is my workout recap for December:
12/1 walked 3 miles
12/3 25 minutes of ZUMBA
12/4 walked 1.5 miles
12/9 25 minutes of ZUMBA
12/16 40 minutes of ZUMBA
12/17 40 minutes of ZUMBA
12/19 walked 2 miles
12/21 40 minutes of ZUMBA
12/22 40 minutes of ZUMBA
12/25 walked 1 mile
12/30 40 minutes of ZUMBA
1/1 walked 2.25 miles
I am down to the weekly visit schedule at the doctor which is really exciting!
I also wanted to post my resolutions/intentions for the upcoming year:
1. Get my blog back on track. It has kind of turned into me not posting/when I do post it is all about pregnancy. I can't wait to document my baby weight loss journey. I am getting really really excited about being able to work out full force and start Weight Watchers again. I love that Weight Watchers has a program for breastfeeding mamas!
2. That brings me to my next one-- lose my baby weight! I got really freaked out the other day thinking about having to take off a whole 6 weeks from exercising. I have had a difficult time slowing down my workout schedule because I feel so guilty when I don't work out. I am just hoping that the exhaustion mixed with the awe of a new baby will keep my mind occupied and off of wanting to workout!
I also have a few intentions that I am carrying over from last year:
- Continue to eat healthy and incorporate more clean eating into my diet
- Learn to let go of emotions and thoughts that do not enhance my spiritual and physical well-being
- Deepen my meditation and prayer practice and spend more time in God's word
- Work on viewing exercise as a form of worship rather than a punishment
- Be more mindful of my words and actions toward others